Saturday, November 20, 2010

why I want to Blog

I'm a nanny to three children.   Let me break down my job description:  A caregiver, a nurturer, a teacher, a disaplinarian, a therapist, an eye-roller, a nurse, a translator, a chauffer, a dishwasher, a maid, a chef, a personal assistant - my day job -  a mother and housewife for hire.

I am also a girlfriend and mother to three dogs who are my 'kids'.  My duties of chef and maid continue at home.  I get to give and receive love in every sense of the word, to the greatest capacity...it's my greatest joy.

I love kids, I love taking care of people.  I love organizing and finding creative solutions.  Doing these things is what makes me happiest and it's what I do best.  Would I be a successful executive running a big company...I have no idea.  It probably wouldn't give me the satisfaction I get when I see that mayonaise stain gone!  

I practiced nursing before I decided that the crazy hours and paperwork didn't exactly fulfill my vision of what I wanted in a career.  I wasn't getting what I wanted out of it...but I sure did learn a lot!  

My transition in nanny-hood came at  a time when my life was changing in every aspect.   With the support of my family, friends and two loyal chocolate labs, I had just packed up and left my job and a man, both of which were not fulfilling what I needed.  I was approaching 30 and I had been feeling like a gerbil on a wheel - just running to keep the thing I called life spinning - even though I was going nowhere.  One girl, two dogs, a U-Haul and 300 miles later, I had moved on from a relationship and had started a new career.  All of a sudden I felt like that wheel I was running on was finally going somewhere...and so was I.  Not long after I met the man of my dreams...talk about icing on the cake.  I took some chances, invisioned what I wanted my life to be and made it happen.

With that vision, dedication and hard work I put together my nursing background and I experience I had starting my undergrad in education, along with my knack for all things domestic and landed where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment