Monday, November 22, 2010

The Characters

The main characters in the play I call 'My Life' are the three children I spend most of my waking hours corralling. For entertainment sake I will be going by their nicknames.

The youngest, Little Boo, just turned 2 years old.  She is a platinum blond firecracker of a toddler.  She gives the best hugs, can sing along to her favorite CD and can scream louder than a pissed off hyena.   She is my buddy...we spend all day, everyday together.  She is also potty-training.

The middle child, a quiet boy I call Turtle, is placed in between his two intense sisters.  He never moves very fast...taking his time to do everything, especially when we're in a hurry.  He is 5-years-old, sweet and easy-going.  I am always trying to figure out ways to make sure he doesn't get lost in the middle.  He spends his mornings in pre-school and the rest of his day with me.

The oldest is a 7-year-old determined, confident, sassy young lady.  She is sympathetic and loving.  She is also whinny and emotional...just like the best of us.  She is in 2nd grade, learning what the wrath of homework is.  Our afternoons are spent working and crafting in between taking the Sharpies out of Boo's hand before the wall gets a new paint job.

Their parents are hard-working co-owners of a fast-growing company.  The better their business gets the harder we all work.  I keep some of the details going at home:  laundry, grocery shopping, getting kids to and from school and activities...and lots of random details.  I drive a mini-van, which I have backed into a pole and carry tiny princess underwear in my purse, along with granola bars and wet wipes.

Discipline, routine, love, cuddles, crafts, cooking, cleaning, reading, teaching, listening and learning...just some of the things I practice everyday.  I learn from my mistakes and take in advice to from all over the place to better myself.  Sometimes I feel like super-woman and somedays I drive home in tears.  This is my job and life...and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment